7 Tips To Help Your Child Sleep Better
Sleep affects your child’s development in many important ways, including mental and social development, physical health, and emotional regulation. When a child has trouble sleeping, it limits their ability to function well during the day, disrupts the household, and is a source of stress for parents and other family members.
List of Tips To Help Your Child Sleep Better:
- Set a consistent bedtime routine and stick to it.
- Set and establish a consistent morning wake-up time.
- Establish a setting in your child’s bedroom that is calm and relaxing.
- Interact with your child at bedtime. Don’t let a TV, video, phone, tablet or computer take your place.
- Do not allow children to watch anything that is not right for their age. This applies during the day and at night. Be aware of images that may frighten them.
- Do not let your child fall asleep while being held, rocked, fed a bottle, or while nursing.
- Do not allow your child to have foods or drinks with caffeine at bedtime. This includes chocolate and sodas. Try not to give him any medicine that has a stimulant at bedtime.