Inspire therapy can help.
Inspire therapy is a breakthrough implantable treatment option for people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea who are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP. While you are sleeping, Inspire monitors every breath you take. Based on your unique breathing patterns, the system delivers mild stimulation to the hypoglossal nerve, which controls the movement of your tongue and other key airway muscles. By stimulating these muscles, the airway remains open during sleep.
Get the restful night’s sleep you’ve been missing.
Inspire therapy is controlled by a small handheld sleep remote. The remote allows you to turn Inspire therapy on before bed and off when you wake up, increase and decrease stimulation strength, and pause during the night if needed.
Here are some reasons people like you have chosen Inspire therapy to treat their sleep apnea.
- Concerns about sleep deprivation and lack of oxygen during sleep, which may cause short- and long-term health risks (i.e. heart disease, heart attack, stroke, depression and memory loss).
- Feeling too tired for work, family activities, driving or exercise.
- Are unable to use or get consistent benefit from continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machines
- Desire for a more peaceful sleep experience with their bed partner
Inspire therapy is safe, clinically proven, and FDA-approved.
The STAR clinical trial, involving 126 OSA patients across the United States and Europe, began in 2010 to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Inspire therapy. One-year STAR clinical trial outcomes, published in the New England Journal of Medicine1 in January 2014, showed that sleep apnea patients receiving Inspire therapy experienced significant reductions in sleep apnea events and significant improvements in quality of life and daytime functioning measures*. Three-year STAR outcomes showed that the improvements made at one-year were sustained after three-years.
Snoring is one of the most common symptoms of sleep apnea. Bed partners were asked to report how intensely their partner snored and if they ever had to leave the room due to snoring both before and after their partner began using Inspire therapy. After three years of use, both snoring and the need to leave the room due to snoring decreased significantly**.
• The Inspire system is typically implanted during an outpatient procedure. Most people return home the same day.
• You may have some discomfort and swelling at the small incision sites for a few days. This can usually be managed with ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
• Most people return to a regular diet and non-strenuous activities within a few days.
TIMELINE: 1-4 WEEKS AFTER INSURANCE APPROVAL
Activation & Titration
• Approximately one month after surgery, you will return to your doctor’s office to activate Inspire therapy. You will receive your Inspire Sleep Remote during this visit.
• Approximately one month after activation, you will undergo a sleep study to optimize Inspire therapy to your unique settings.
Enjoy a quiet, comfortable and restful night’s sleep with Inspire therapy